자유게시판

Why i Hate Netscape

페이지 정보

profile_image
작성자 Amy
조회 8회 작성일 24-01-10 16:39

본문

If I don't write anything about Internet Explorer, it is solely because I don't use Micro$oft merchandise. I might warm up to scat and BDSM, however I don't love unconsensual bondage. We have Linux, now we have Emacs, we have TeX, we now have X11, we have now gcc, we now have tons of decent, free, enjoyable to play with software. The one motive why we do not have a decent browser is that some greedy firm adopted Micro$oft's tactics and brow-beats the WWW group into spurious and dangerous modifications of HTML commonplace, giving no house for maneuver to independent browser-designers. By now, you in all probability have guessed the identify of this incompetent monopolist corporation. Recently I started hating Netscape with passion. Why? The dreaded tag. It seems that in Russia most Netscape paperwork get produced with Micro$oft Word or some such poor attempt at textual content processor after which transformed to HTML utilizing some horrid homebrew converter. Result, whenever a positive-IQ HTML author would use , these Russian people use . Which means, whenever I try to comply with some hyperlink, the braindead Netscape creates one other browser window. This takes some time. Worse, the rattling Netscape appears to be filled with reminiscence leaks, and even when I kill the first window immediately after the second is opened, the Netscape takes some additional reminiscence and gets slower. After some time of going, this invariably crashes my X, killing all my applications and rebooting the Xstation (which has 32 Mb of RAM, by the best way. Without Netscape Xstation works tremendous with four Mb, but with Netscape 3.*, Eight Mb is bare minimum). Of course, there may be nothing hanging in Netscape crashing for somebody accustomed to engaged on Mac or Windoze. On Unix, virtually nothing crashes, ever, so I keep several things working at the identical time, and crashes are painful. I really want a strategy to disable the vile . Ability to disable frames would have been good as nicely (right now, I just ignore most frame-ridden pages). Right-button trick doesn't work. A few of retards utilizing : a corridor of shame.

I put here solely the pages which I keep reading for a while -- the complete Hall of Shame will take half of Russian WWW servers. - Paravozov News Columnist, writes about Russian WWW. - Here was a hyperlink to a daily column of Anton Nosik. He doesn't use a tag anymore. Nosik also has an ever-popular guestbook. - Russian Journal (a. k. a. www.russ.ru). A popular WWW journal purporting to introduce the Culture to Internet users of Russia (or vice versa). Abuses most viciously. ``Russian'' Journal hosts a couple of digital discuss-shows that are most entertaining - Bessrochnaya Ssylka (indeterminate hyperlink) a weekly essay column of Roman Lejbov. - Monocle: a survey of developments in film, music and lifestyles, by Sergey Kuznecov. NZhMD This page is a pure dreck, with many claims in error. Its proprietor is the top of the agency responsible for many business Web design in Russia (I think it has the words "Web design" trademarked). It's addicted to the most dreadful Netscapisms, https://bdsmup.net/ such because the omnipresent and giving width of stuff in pixels (as opposed to the proportion). Embodiment of dangerous HTML and worse. Resistance in Russian WWW.

The Russian WWW is dominated by Microsoft and ugliest company spirit. The reasons are abound. As a result of criminal ``reforms'' of Gaydar and others, the price range of schooling was slashed drastically, so the students have exhausting time getting on the web, evaluating with the West. Hence there are virtually no non-business WWW servers, and most folks who populate the net are the company boot-lickers and senseless wage slaves. While the rest of the population suffers from poverty, getting worse from year to 12 months, the firms wallow in income and have jolly good time spreading advertisement and comparable propaganda. The corporate enforcers (just like the Lebedev of NMZhD fame) are those who determine the ugly face of Russian WWW, and these are after all addicted to commercial values. There is one other motive why the Russian hackers and Net individuals worship Microsoft, company values and advertisement. In Russia, the copyright enforcement is (thankfully) non-existent, so anybody should purchase CD-ROMs with $40,000 worth of junk Microsoft software program for $7. Not a very good incentive to make use of GNU, uh? I do not suppose many of these poor misguided people are aware of the GNU values, or even of GNU and Linux. The only Russian text of GNU manifesto that I got here across was virtually unintelligible, probably translated by pc program. Still, there are some voices of resistance, barely heard on this fountain of business filth. - Against commercial, by Andrej Kovalev. The banner ads, perpetrated by Sputnik and others, are excessingly ugly, sluggish the connection to a crawl and the guys controlling the banner trade companies are dumb assholes. In Russian WWW, the banner trade is simply spam, no higher than junk emails and Make money Fast articles in Usenet. Lotsa causes to chop all banner ads off completely; A. Kovalev suggests a method to do this by means of proxy. Also, the justified and ancient campaign agains animated GIFs and spam. - Sergei Barbarash, ``Internet bez Soplivykh''. Fellow Netscape-haters.

- Down with proprietary HTML! The Netscape-B-Gon® page - The HTML Terrorist's Handbook, by Andrew C. Bulhak - If You may Read This, You Ain't Using Netscape. - NOTscape motion. - Best considered with any Browser. Not Netscape-haters per-se, simply of us who advocate writing better HTML. - Netscrape is Evil: Quinn's Web Ideology. ``Imagine having to conform to a regular and having that standard permit consumers to regulate their own viewing of your advertising. This is the whole antithesis of fashionable advertising follow.'' Indeed. - Bugs in Netscape and IE web page. - Lynx Appreciation page: why Lynx is better than Netscape. ``But criminy, aren't some folks lacking the purpose of HTML? It is not a page format language; it is an outline of the logical and useful components of a web page. Paragraphs, lists, links: that is what's necessary.'' People who like frames should kill themselves

Also people who use scrolling textual content in the status bar. Fellow frame haters:

- Frames suck. This web page is done with lovely multicolored frames. It is a means higher than anything Ms. Lyalina ever produced. And more to some extent. - The web page Why frames suck is completed with frames, too. - The International I Hate Frames Club - Stev0's (Hideously Nutscape "Enhanced") Home Page - Being Framed A gorgeous rant by Stev0 (Steve Berlin), who also made a table of contents for Kibo's .signature and retains the lovable Useless Pages. ``I'm not speaking in regards to the CDA - this is far, a lot worse. Of course, I'm talking about Frames.'' - Just say NO, even better rant from Stev0. ``If you want to make a relatively helpful web page utterly ineffective, you are able to do it in a single straightforward step: Add Frames. '' I hate frames! An essay. ``So why do people insist on using Frames when they can use tables? Well, largely because Frame-lovers are stupid, gullible geeks...'' Right on, bro - Yet another I HATE FRAMES page, this time designed with monochrome frames, identical to Ms. Lyalina. The appears are related, however there is so way more poetic inspiration ``Kids, does your mommy or daddy use frames? Kill them. No, it is Ok. If they use frames they deserve it.

그누보드5

(주)오라인베스트먼트 AURA INVESTMENT

서울특별시 강남구 테헤란로 415, 2층 206호
Tel 02-564-5271 | Fax 0504-409-9073

COPYRIGHT ⓒ 2021 Aura Investment ,Inc. All rights reserved.